BUSINESS & WORKPLACE HELPFUL TIPS
As Lebanon works together to move forward, there are some requirements each business must follow to ensure the safety of their employees and customers. Here are state requirements, resources and helpful tips on how to reopen or continue business operations in Lebanon County during the COVID-19 pandemic.
MAIN STREET AMERICA
Reopening Safely - Helpful Tips for Small Business Owners
While there are federal guidelines for reopening state economies, stay-at-home orders and the reopening of small businesses will be left to each state to decide. As such, reopening will occur over the course of many months, with each state operating independently with its own set of guidelines and recommendations for small business operations. It is also safe to say that consumers will ultimately dictate what reopening looks like in commercial districts through their actions.
PA COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
Safety Procedures for Reopening your Business
The State has prepared flyers to promote COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Businesses. Similar to other required postings (i.e. Workers’ Compensation or OSHA), these postings will be required to be clearly displayed at workplaces, along with publicly posted acknowledgement by the employer that the guidance is being folllowed. Flyers are available in English and Spanish.
PREPARE YOUR WORKPLACE
Bring PA Back
As Pennsylvania businesses prepare to re-open in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the PA Chamber is working to ensure that employers have access to the most up-to-date regulatory information, useful resources and best practices. Check out the link below for steps on how to protect your business, your employees and your customers!
SMALL BUSINESS-SPECIFIC GUIDANCE
Download this step-by-step guide to help your company reopen safely and keep employees and customers healthy and informed as restrictions lift across the country. The playbook includes safety and sanitation guidance, communications advice, and other best practices information.
The pandemic has affected different industries differently — likewise, the reopening process will vary by sector. Here are sector-specific guidance from some of the leading industry associations and government sources:
- For restaurants: CDC's Reopening Decision Tree for Restaurants and Bars and National Restaurant Association’s Reopening Guidance
- For retailers: National Retail Federation’s Operation Open Doors
- For office-based businesses: AIHA’s Reopening Guidance for General Office Settings
- For hair and nail salons: AIHA’s Reopening Guidance for Hair and Nail Salons
- For childcare programs: CDC's Reopening Decision Tree for Childcare Programs
- For camps and youth programs: CDC's Reopening Decision Tree for Camps and Youth Programs
- For schools: CDC's Reopening Decision Tree for Schools